Interior Health declares COVID-19 cluster contained at Big White
KELOWNA – The COVID-19 community cluster at Big White Mountain has been contained. The cluster was initially declared on Dec. 15, 2020.
- A final total of 237 cases were connected to this cluster.
- All cases have recovered.
- Of the 237 cases of COVID-19 linked to this cluster, 150 have resided and/or worked on Big White Mountain.
“Thanks to the efforts of those living and working at Big White following precautions, the cluster has been contained,” said Dr. Silvina Mema, medical health officer. “As well, the local community and team at Big White have been incredibly supportive and worked hard to keep the ski hill safe for visitors this winter.”
Everyone in all communities should remain vigilant in following COVID-19 precautions:
- Keep to your household bubble and avoid social gatherings.
- Stay home when you are sick and get tested if you have any symptoms consistent with COVID19.
- Practise physical distancing.
- Wear a mask.
- Wash your hands often.
- Avoid all non-essential travel