Blue Mountain: high-speed, six-person chairlift and six new trails
More Terrain and New Trails Open in 2013/14 with Orchard Expansion
Ontario’s largest ski and snowboard resort is getting even bigger. Blue Mountain will officially open more terrain and new trails in the Orchard area for the 2013/14 winter season. The Orchard expansion includes an additional 64 acres of terrain, a new high-speed, six-person chairlift and six new trails. Snowmaking infrastructure and night lighting will also be added on three of the six trails. The increased terrain provided by the Orchard expansion is equivalent to adding 21 percent of our current terrain to the resort and increases skiable terrain to 364 total acres across 42 trails – the most in Ontario.
Facts About the Orchard Expansion
- $10-million investment
- 64 additional acres of skiable terrain (bringing the resort’s total to 364 acres)
- Six new trails (bringing the resort’s total to 42 trails)
- One new state of the art high-speed, six-person chairlift, which will be the biggest in Ontario
- Longest beginner run in Ontario - 1.6 km
- Snowmaking and night lighting on three of the six trails (further infrastructure to be added in the following years)
When Will it Open?
Blue Mountain will begin building and installing infrastructure this spring (2013), and expects to open the new terrain early in the 2013/14 winter season.