ropeways.net | Home | Ropeways | 2022-08-01
The new Lakeview Express Lift & Terrain Expansion project is underway
Mt. Rose – Ski Tahoe has embarked on the $7.5 million dollar project.
Estimated to be the largest capital improvement project in the resort’s history, the new lift will be a key piece of Mt. Rose’s efforts to enhance the overall experience in the “Lakeview Zone”. The plan includes trail additions, existing run improvements, and new skier traffic patterns. The expansion is expected to be complete ahead of the 2022-23 winter season. When completed, the Lakeview zone will offer even greater access to beginner, intermediate and advanced terrain and help give skiers and snowboarders of all ability levels a more enhanced mountain experience.
- A second high-speed lift from the Main Lodge
- Fast ride times of less than 4 minutes
- Improved, smarter traffic patterns
- Reduced low-level traffic on the Northwest Express lift and the Kit Carson Traverse trail
- The new “Lakeside Trail” will create another route from the top of the Lakeview lift to the “Around the World” ski trail
- Novice and lower ability skiers and snowboarders can enjoy expansive Lake Tahoe views from the top of this new lift