Antelope Butte is looking for a General Manager
Summary: Antelope Butte is Non-Profit Community Ski Area located west of Sheridan, Wyoming. The Antelope Butte Foundation, a 501c3 organization, is looking for a General Manager to lead ski area operations. Continuing to follow through on its multi year reopening efforts, Antelope Butte is in a strong position to welcome an experienced and inspiring leader.
Job Status: Full Time, Year-Round
Job Status: Median Salary of $125,000, DOE. Full benefits package. On mountain private accommodation.
Job Summary:The General Manager is accountable for all mountain operations and leadership of the resort. The General Manager, in conjunction with the Board of Directors is responsible for long range strategic, fiscal and capital planning and the execution of those plans. The successful candidate will foster an inclusive, productive and healthy culture for the team and ski area guests. Operational responsibilities include oversight of all base area and mountain operations teams.
The successful candidate must have resort experience with a proven track record of successful team development and leadership, fiscal responsibility, strategic planning and project execution. This position requires exceptional communication skills and the ability to engage with the on site team and larger community of stakeholders, board members, government entities and the general public. A strong understanding of the mechanical operations of winter and summer operations is necessary. Most importantly, the General Manager must be on-site and an engaged and supportive leader.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Board and on-site leadership team to develop a strategy that supports revenue growth, fiscal sustainability and the mission of the Antelope Butte Foundation
- Evaluate and establish operating plans supporting the long-range plan of the organization, introducing new programs/strategies where appropriate to fuel growth, drive operational efficiency and ensure regulatory compliance
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on key issues, determine progress and status towards objectives and drive change when necessary
- Looks for new business opportunities and markets to expand programs
- Budgetary responsibilities include creating operating and capital budgets annually, monitoring and reporting on performance relative to those budgets and implementing strategies to meet or exceed budgetary guidelines.
- Attend monthly board meetings to keep the board informed of all mountain operations.
- Foster an environment where team collaboration thrives and enables team members to feel supported in exceeding goals for resort performance.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures of the organization that adhere to industry standards.
- Promotes and fosters a culture of innovation and change management, aligning operating processes and procedures to the vision set forth by the Board and leadership team
- Serve as primary point of contact for the Board, government officials and legal counsel
- Establish, implement, and enforce best-in-class guest and employee safety standards in accordance with company policies and procedures as well as local, state & federal laws
- Create, participate in, and maintain strong relationships in the local community, key stakeholders, guests, sponsors and the Board
- Serves as the primary spokesperson and representative for the mountain in marketing efforts, legislative sessions, committee meetings, and at formal functions
- Establish and/or enhance relationships with local, state, and federal commissions and administrations.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this role, the responsibilities of this position may change.
- Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- 10+ years' experience in the ski or hospitality industry, with proven success in P&L management
- Progressive leadership track record
- History of effective resort leadership including team building and development, achievement of fiscal goals, strategy implementation and capital project execution
- Success at building relationships and collaboration with diverse teams and stakeholders
- Able to work under minimal supervision with a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Capacity to communicate effectively in writing and verbally across all levels of the organization and across multiple aspects of the community and industry
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to handle multiple complex tasks in parallel
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Working knowledge of computers and common business and resort technology
- Proven track record of innovation and change management, with the ability to quickly pivot business strategies, policies, procedures, and practices to meet business objectives
- Intermediate skiing/riding ability
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Demonstrate awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity
To apply please submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com